o Primelase uses diode laser technology in order to deliver the most effective hair removal treatment for all skin types maximizing the results while warrantying the integrity and health of your skin. In a very simplified way, our lasers produce a very intense light that is of an specific “color” (wavelength) that selectively and intensively heats the pigments in the hair follicle while avoiding other portions of the skin (in a similar way than the sun heats more a black surface than a white one). Overtime, this heat permanently damages the structures of the hair follicles thus producing a reduction of the visible hair.
- Primelase can be performed in all skin types and during the entire year as it is safe to be performed in darker skin types and even tanned skin. Primelase is also very effective on residual hair which is the thin remaining hair that many other laser treatments cannot get rid of.
- Any patient is a candidate for hair removal by Primelase unless you have a specific condition that makes your skin sensitive to light or you are taking medication that makes your skin sensitive to light. Also, if you are pregnant is recommended not to perform laser hair removal treatments as hormonal changes in your body can trigger unwanted reactions in the skin exposed to the laser treatment.
- There is no special preparation necessarily and your provider will instruct you before hand of what you need to do before each session. Since the laser cannot distinguish between hair above the surface of the skin from hair below it, which is the hair we want to damage, it is recommended to shave before the treatment to minimize potential superficial burns.
- In general terms you should avoid direct sun exposure the days prior of a treatment and also avoid plucking, waxing, electrolysis and any other method of removing hair by the root because we want to have a target to treat.
- At the beginning of the session the provider will check the area to be treated to make sure of its integrity and conditions and also will ask you questions to help clearly identify your true skin type which I very important in order to select not only effective parameters but also safe ones. Ones the parameters are selected, the provider will test a small area to verify the correct response and then continue with the full area to be treated. In order to ensure perfect contact with the skin, a thing layer of colorless ultrasound gel is applied.
- Depending several factors such as skin type, hair color, hair density, first session or subsequent ones, the provider will select different options of diode “color” or wavelength, parameters to be used and static or dynamic modality. Even when these options can vary between sessions or between different areas to be treated they are all selected to be the most safe and effective for you.